January 11, 2010

Après the holi-daze.



Oh, dear blog, I've neglected you (consequently breaking one of my 2010 resolutions already)! The end of the school term was an upheaval of emotions, which eventually melded into the busy holiday season. I blissfully hibernated at my cottage in Ontario with my family, expertly avoiding responsibilities at every turn. I ate far too many chocolates. I napped several times a day. I read an incredible book- The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson. I've been in Maryland for a while now, hunkering down and putting together resumes... And, um, watching endless episodes of Lost at regular intervals so that I don't go nuts writing cover letters. Afternoons are spent with my mom, snagging up the last of the post-Christmas deals, such as the (gorgeous!) above pictured blazer from JCrew (can we say major-markdown-happiness?).

The new year is well underway, and I am thrilled (and petrified) to be starting my final semester of university. The number of proper grownups who have tossed the colloquial "the world is your oyster!" bit at me over the last several months is becoming irksome. Despite my best efforts, I can't help but be a worry wart sometimes. Soon there won't be any path to follow but the one I decide on. 2009 brought many new, great things into my life. Most prominently, I went to Paris and fell in love with it completely. I found the most beautiful friends there, ate the most decadent food, and danced often with gusto. I can only dream of what is to come next.

No comments:

Post a Comment