February 3, 2010

Float.

I always find it bizarre to look back at old photographs. Especially self portraits. I found this picture, a discard from my junior portfolio, floating around on a half-dead backup drive. I think that my eye has evolved and changed as time has passed, and seeing this particular image struck me- I'm not as sure if I would immediately dismiss it now. At some point before I leave school, I want to catalogue all my negatives digitally.

Boston has grown cold, dark, and rotten. It is officially winter and I couldn't be less enthused. For all my talk about being desperate to graduate, something occurred to me today- in all likelihood, I am going to miss art school. I will not miss the pressure, but I will miss every single person that is excited to talk the creative talk at any given moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment