October 18, 2010

Cirby's birthday dinner.





What a lovely weekend it has been. Saturday night kicked off with Alec Baldwin & TCM's Robert Osbourne discussing the accomplished career of Billy Wilder at MASS MoCA. Wilder was the man behind some of my favorite films of all time, like Foreign Affair, Sunset Boulevard, Sabrina, and Some Like It Hot. Osbourne's charm and encyclopedic knowledge of cinema blended with Baldwin's wit made for a fascinating and funny talk.

Sunday I spent most of the afternoon cooking up a storm with my housemates for my roommate Cirby's birthday. I made veggie lasagna and baked mac and cheese, Jamie made bruschetta, Charlie made a Michigan salad, and Kitty and Leigh each made separate cakes! I also made the flower center pieces (above) with spare art materials found at work; coffee filters, food dye, barbeque skewers, and green masking tape. All in all, it was a memorable night. I felt so lucky to be sharing such a delicious feast with a table full of new friends.

1 comment:

  1. You are truly an artist to make coffee filters and empty beer bottles look so lovely! -- Katherine from MM

    ReplyDelete