August 23, 2011





The summer has been a quick, wonderful whirlwind. Temperatures have been mostly moderate, with few days being unbearably hot, just the way I like it. I've been rather spoiled living downtown in an amazing sublet with Gabrielle. The historic building has a charming art deco-era elevator and is solely occupied by working artists, not to mention that it's a stone's throw away from Newbury Street. Because the sublet has a painfully slow internet connection, I've had a much needed technology break, only sporadically checking my email and reducing my social networking time by about ninety percent. I've worked, cooked and baked lots, jumped on the food-truck bandwagon (my new favorite is Clover Food Lab), gotten through several unputdownable books, fallen in love with SoWa open market, gone to a few great shows (Alela Diane/Marina & The Diamonds/Mirah), and reconnected with friends.

The fall is bringing many new and exciting changes. For one, I'm moving to a new apartment September 1st- a two bedroom I will be sharing with a friend I went to school with. Once I have high speed wireless again, you can bet you'll be seeing more regular posts/apartment design updates. Also, I have been strongly considering starting an Etsy again- though I'm not sure if I will sell vintage again or go the handmade route this time. Lastly, I will be starting a new job that I am so so so so overjoyed/thrilled/nervous for! More details on that at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment