September 4, 2012



I am really hating saying goodbye to summer, but it's September and I've already found myself wearing a scarf to work in the mornings (though the days are still hot). Lately, while writing in my journal, I've been trying to step back and look at my life through a different lens. I have been reading Gretchin Rubin's The Happiness Project, which has put me in a reflective mood these past couple of weeks as the faintest signs of fall reveal themselves.

Some things I wrote down while ruminating on summer:
-I love my friends, and deeply appreciate their understanding and loyalty.
-Spontaneity often yields very satisfying experiences, forming lasting memories to boot.
-I will find my path back to making art again- in my own time and on my own terms.
-The best nights dancing are the ones where the people, music, and pizza at the end make it all worth it- and the hope for anything different falls away.



No comments:

Post a Comment