March 1, 2014



Spent some time at a barn/outdoor antique market with my mom in Maryland last week. Though it was muddy from melting snow, it was gloriously sunny and there were so many excellent treasures to see. I especially loved all the repurposed light fixtures- including old wire basket pendants, globe lamps, and a wall mounted light made from half a 60s Schwinn bicycle. I fell in love with the (pictured) antique hand-painted food sign. It was massive and for $85 bucks, a steal I think. Unfortunately I was/am broke, not to mention that I don't have a home or kitchen of my own to speak of where it could hang. Really the whole place was bargain after bargain in comparison to the prices I'm used to in the city. I can't wait to furnish a house some day with antiques and collected art and artifacts from my friends and travels.





No comments:

Post a Comment